Capturing mouse events when dragging off the chart area

A forum dedicated to WPF version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

cwodarczyk82

Capturing mouse events when dragging off the chart area

Post by cwodarczyk82 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:22 pm

To whom it may concern:

I am running into an issue that I can see also with the SDK demos that ship with the product... for example, in the CutLineData example, you have a line you can drag across the screen... however, if you drag it from the far right, to the left really fast, you will see the line sometimes not make it all the way to the edge... which is ok, but the other problem is when you release the mouse, the color of the line doesn't go back to dark red... it looks like it is still selected. This is the problem I am having... I am not getting the mouse release (mouse up event) for this particular control... which I am guessing might be happening here as well? Is there a workaround to this, or some fix that might be in the future? Basically, I depend on knowing when the mouse is released to dispatch certain events, and I am unable to determine this when this issue occurs.

Thanks
--Chris

ArctionPasi

Re: Capturing mouse events when dragging off the chart area

Post by ArctionPasi » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:13 am

Mouse-interop has been partially redesigned in v.7. I just verified, this problem you reported, exists in v.6. In v.7 code base, it works. So please wait for it...
LightningChart Support Team, PT

cwodarczyk82

Re: Capturing mouse events when dragging off the chart area

Post by cwodarczyk82 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:37 pm

Hi, Pasi:

Thank you so much for the reply!