Arction.Licensing error - 10.5.1

A forum dedicated to WinForms version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

edwinlc2

Arction.Licensing error - 10.5.1

Post by edwinlc2 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:27 am

I am currently in the process of upgrading our application from Lightning Chart version 6.5 to 10.5.1. Transitioning the codebase to the new version went smoothly; however, I've encountered an exception that arises when instantiating a LightningChart object or when calling LightningChart.SetDeploymentKey(myDeploymentKey).

Despite ensuring that the Arction.Licensing DLL is located in the same directory as the executable, and also trying to reference it from the same location as the Arction.WinForms.Charting.LightningChart.dll, the issue persists. I should mention that I am not utilizing the toolbox for this and I prefer not to use it.

Any guidance or tips from the community would be greatly appreciated. Below is the exception detail for reference:

System.IO.FileLoadException: 'Could not load file or assembly 'Arction.Licensing, Version=6.5.4.4001, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6484d7bb14b95dd3' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)'

Inner Exception:
FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Arction.Licensing, Version=2.4.1.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6484d7bb14b95dd3' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Thank you in advance for your assistance

ArctionKestutis

Re: Arction.Licensing error - 10.5.1

Post by ArctionKestutis » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:06 am

As message says, your project is not able to find right Arction.Licensing.dll reference. I assume Visual Studio is confused because in v6.5 and v10.5 file name is identical, but versioning of files are done differently now. Therefore, Visual Studio may thing that v6.5 is newer.

To avoid such confusion you could try referencing right DLL in your project; clear GAC; or uninstall older version (but you can keep DLLs as copies on local HDD).

P.S. if you have active subscription for LightningChart project, you can send support-request directly to support email, or you can create ticket in Portal (https://portal.lightningchart.com/user/login).

Hope this helps.
All the best.