Axis Labels and Title overlapping at higher monitor scaling, winforms

A forum dedicated to WinForms version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

Energetic

Axis Labels and Title overlapping at higher monitor scaling, winforms

Post by Energetic » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:45 pm

Hello,

I have a problem in WinForms with the Axis Labels overlapping with the Axis Title and Units when the application is started with the recommended monitor scaling of 200%. If I restart the application with 100% scaling everything looks fine. What can I do to make the chart look good on both PC systems with HD monitors at 100% scaling and other PC systems with 4k monitors and higher scaling factor?

Best Regards
Attachments
4k-100percent scaling.png
4k-100percent scaling.png (4.04 KiB) Viewed 7942 times
4k-200percent scaling.png
4k-200percent scaling.png (8.23 KiB) Viewed 7942 times

ArctionKestutis

Re: Axis Labels and Title overlapping at higher monitor scaling, winforms

Post by ArctionKestutis » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:41 pm

Most likely it is DPI issue + WinForms project. Some of old description of the problem you can find in forum (e.g. this topic).
However, DPI awareness is not static topic. It depends which Window version, which .NET Framework version, which LightningChart version you are using.
For example, in LightningChart .NET version 10.2.1 we upgraded Framework version library is targeting (to 4.5.2) that change some of DPI handling things. User can extract WinForms example from our Demo to see how we handling it now. (From v10.2+) Basically we create manifest file, but dpiAware attribute is set to False.

I believe you have an option to use WPF edition of LightningChart .NET library. I would recommend taking that option, if your product expected to run on machines with zoom-factor >100%. From library perceptive, performance of WinForms and non-bindable WPF is identical and very little code change is needed. WPF handles DPI awareness better, probably because of being newer technology.