stickwidth value on Candlestick chart appears to change

A forum dedicated to WinForms version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

Lai

stickwidth value on Candlestick chart appears to change

Post by Lai » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:30 am

Hello,

I have a candlestick chart were the stick changes from 1 to 2 pixels wide at different times when I zoom the chart.

At fully zoomed out, I get as shown in Example A in the image attached.

A slight zoom in, I get the image in Example B.

It seems to be drawing a second line for the stick in Example A.

Is there a way to make the stick remain at "1" wide?

Thanks ....
candlestick stickwidth example.png
candlestick stickwidth example.png (3.64 KiB) Viewed 8182 times

ArctionKestutis

Re: stickwidth value on Candlestick chart appears to change

Post by ArctionKestutis » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:54 am

One pixel precision may not be possible to achieve always. 'Blurriness' of line (or chart in general) may be due to several reasons. Pixel alignment issue, anti-aliasing settings, DPI related stretching in WinForms just to name few.
You could investigate those topic yourself in User Manual or other available resources. If you have active LightningChart .NET subscription, you could contact our library developers by Support email and we will discuss issue in details.

Lai

Post by Lai » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:04 pm

Thanks Kestutis for your reply. I see your TraderChart does this perfectly, so I'll keep investigating the settings. Perhaps I can switch to the Traderchart.

Regards,

Lai

Post by Lai » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:10 pm

Actually, it turns out there is a relationship between the itemwidth and the stickwidth. It doesn't render properly when the itemwidth is an odd number. As long as I maintain this value to an even number the stickwidth retains the setting I give it.

I assume the people who make the traderchart knew this, as they seem to do the same thing.

It gives the candles a non-symmetrical look, since the stick is always off to one side, but at least it doesn't blur and change the color of the stick.

In case it helps anyone ...