Unwanted view or graphic glitch?

Found a possible bug in LightningChart? Report it here.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

cchrc

Unwanted view or graphic glitch?

Post by cchrc » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:18 am

Hello,
In a WPF application that includes LightningChart, one of my users is seeing vertical axes at the X breakpoints that should not be there.
PROB.png
PROB.png (55.08 KiB) Viewed 11275 times

No other user has been able to replicate the problem so far (around 20 machines).
NOPROB.png
NOPROB.png (34.27 KiB) Viewed 11275 times

So I wonder if by chance the user may have activated some key sequence that triggered this view.
Otherwise, the other possibility that comes to mind is that it is a specific problem of his machine (GPU drivers?).

I asked the same user to launch the application with hardware acceleration disabled. There is an option to set RenderOptions.ProcessRenderMode = System.Windows.Interop.RenderMode.SoftwareOnly; in the app.
By doing so, the user was no longer able to see the charts.
HW_DISABLED.png
HW_DISABLED.png (12.42 KiB) Viewed 11275 times
I think this last problem is strange too, because all other users are able to see the charts well both by using hardware/software acceleration.

Thank you,
Claudio.

Specs:
WPF .NET 4.7.2
Arction.Wpf.ChartingMVVM.LightningChart.ddl 10.1.2.4001

User's machine:
CPU Info
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10810U CPU @ 1.10GHz
Processor type: x64 Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 0, GenuineIntel
Number of processors: 12
Processor speed: ~1608 MHz

Memory Info
Total Physical Memory: 33322344 KB
Available Physical Memory: 24480572 KB

Graphics Info
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Refresh rate: 60 Hz
4294967296 colors (32 bit)

OpenGL Info
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 - Build 27.20.100.9664
Vendor: Intel
Renderer: Intel(R) UHD Graphics

Arction_LasseP

Re: Unwanted view or graphic glitch?

Post by Arction_LasseP » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:38 am

Hello,

We are not aware of any bug or glitch like this. If the exact same application has this problem on one user but not on many others, then it is most likely something in that computer.

The first thing to check in these cases is the GPU. User should make sure its drivers are up-to-date, so check for updates in its manufacturers page. Furthermore, we are aware of one faulty GPU, Iris XE Graphics, which currently works badly with DirectX11 rendering. However, usually this results in a crash or chart freezing, not in that kind of a graphical glitch.

LightningChart also has an option to switch between RenderingEngines, which could be useful in testing.

_chart.ChartRenderOptions.DeviceType = RendererDeviceType.SoftwareOnlyD11;

This allows switching between DirectX11, DirectX9 and Software rendering. However, to test these user would need to access the code of the application. If user can change this setting, he/she should try HardwareOnlyD11, HardwareOnlyD9 and SoftwareOnlyD11 options to see if any of those work.

Best regards,
Lasse

cchrc

Re: Unwanted view or graphic glitch?

Post by cchrc » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:06 pm

Hello Lasse,
thank you for your reply. I implemented the possibility to set ChartRenderOptions.DeviceType as a user settings. I will make some tests the next days and let you know.