Changing chart legend symbol display

A forum dedicated to WPF version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

cwodarczyk82

Changing chart legend symbol display

Post by cwodarczyk82 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:21 pm

Hi:

Is it possible to change how the symbol on the legend displays for a certain type of element? That is, it appears bar elements show with a line under them in the legend, whereas a point series shows as the symbol you mark it as in the point line series... the question is more if the bar could look more like how a rectangle looks when setting the PointStyle to Rectangle... I checked the fields of the BarSeries and the BarViewOptions in the ViewXY and I don't see anything right away that would suggest you could.. I am guessing you would have to create a point line series associated with each bar series and show those in the legend instead of the bars?

I'm not necessarily going to do this, but just wondering what the options are.

Thanks
--Chris

ArctionPasi

Re: Changing chart legend symbol display

Post by ArctionPasi » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:49 pm

It's not possible to change different symbol, sorry. Creating another series of other type with same color is a good approach.

Original series can be hidden from LegendBox by setting series.ShowInLegendBox = false.
LightningChart Support Team, PT

cwodarczyk82

Re: Changing chart legend symbol display

Post by cwodarczyk82 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:20 pm

Hi, Pasi:

Thanks for the reply... I will discuss that with my team.. more likely they won't want to bother if they know it requires extra resources to be allocated.. :)