SampleDataSeries tutorial

A forum dedicated to WPF version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

n0kx

SampleDataSeries tutorial

Post by n0kx » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:35 pm

I'm going through the SampleDataSeries tutorial (bottom of page 3) and I've added everything but I'm getting an error with the following code:

Code: Select all

// Update signal generator UI from added components
signalGenerator1.UpdateUIFromWaveFormComponents();
It says Arction.WPF.SignalTools.SignalGenerator does not contain a definition for UpdateUIFromWaveFormComponents.

What can I do to resolve this error? Thanks!

ArctionJari

Re: SampleDataSeries tutorial

Post by ArctionJari » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:16 am

UpdateUIFromWaveFormComponents method is not needed in WPF version of SignalGenerator. UI is updated automatically.

n0kx

Post by n0kx » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:49 pm

ArctionJari wrote:UpdateUIFromWaveFormComponents method is not needed in WPF version of SignalGenerator. UI is updated automatically.
Is there a tutorial for WPF that has all the correct information in it? I've typed everything from the tutorial (minus the updating UI method) and the chart appears, but the signal generator does not.

ArctionPasi

Post by ArctionPasi » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:40 pm

It seems you have placed the non-GUI component. Please use Arction.WPF.SignalTools.GUI.SignalGenerator control.

Please let me know how it works. We'll write a WPF tutorial if not.

BTW, have you found the WPF Demo application in the LightningChart SDK, and its source code project and can you find the relevant examples there?
LightningChart Support Team, PT

n0kx

Post by n0kx » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:04 pm

ArctionPasi wrote:It seems you have placed the non-GUI component. Please use Arction.WPF.SignalTools.GUI.SignalGenerator control.
I'm adding the SignalGenerator in XAML. What's the syntax for that? Or is there an attribute I need to add to what I have now?

<SignalTools:SignalGenerator x:Name="SignalGen"></SignalTools:SignalGenerator>
ArctionPasi wrote:BTW, have you found the WPF Demo application in the LightningChart SDK, and its source code project and can you find the relevant examples there?
I see some examples in rich text format here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arction\LightningChart Ultimate SDK v.6 .net4\Rtf\WPFDemo

There are three folders: cs, vb, xaml

Are these the examples you're talking about?

n0kx

Post by n0kx » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:28 pm

When I use Arction.WPF.SignalTools.GUI.SignalGenerator (<GUI:SignalGenerator x:Name="SignalGen">) many of the definitions and methods are no longer are available.

For example...

SignalGen.WaveformSines.Clear();

/*

'Arction.WPF.SignalTools.GUI.SignalGenerator' does not contain a definition for 'WaveformSines' and no extension method 'WaveformSines' accepting a first argument of type 'Arction.WPF.SignalTools.GUI.SignalGenerator' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

*/
What can I use in its place and is there a reference document for this control?

Thanks!

ArctionPasi

Post by ArctionPasi » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:45 am

The demo application project has over 100 examples, opening it in Visual Studio is the key thing here.

Please see this: http://www.arction.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=514

As last example in WPF demo application, there's Advanced Signal Tools examples / SignalGenerator -> speakers.
AudioOutput and SignalGenerator used in WPF application.
AudioOutput and SignalGenerator used in WPF application.
DemoAppExampleAudioOutputSignalGenerator.jpg (397.55 KiB) Viewed 15655 times
It shows how to use the GUI version of the SignalGenerator. It is put there in XAML. Configuration is made in code behind in this example.

In WaveformSines collection is actually signalGenerator1.Generator.WaveformSines in WPF.

Please confirm you find the demo application and ExampleAudioOutputSignalGenerator.xaml and ExampleAudioOutputSignalGenerator.xaml.cs and are able to compile the demo application.
LightningChart Support Team, PT

n0kx

Post by n0kx » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:50 pm

ArctionPasi wrote:In WaveformSines collection is actually signalGenerator1.Generator.WaveformSines in WPF.
This is exactly what I needed. Once I put .Generator in all the errors it worked.

Thanks.